The advanced Brunton O.S.S. 70M compass improves on the award-winning Eclipse 8099, preserving its robust features while adding a new alignment system for greater precision and reliability.
- Orbital navigation uses a single color and reduces parallax; dual-pivoting mirror enables precise headings and is center-mounted to run with your direction of travel.
- Meridian insert preserves Brunton's patented, tool-free declination system and keeps meridian lines down on the map for easy and precise headings - Magnetized disc is more accurate than conventional needles and settles quickly for fast, accurate bearings.
- Antistatic, liquid-filled dial with jeweled bearing features 1° gradations to ensure accuracy; sighting mirror improves accuracy.
- Ergonomic rubber shoe on bottom grips map surface and is comfortable to hold.
- Declination adjustment scale allows you to account for the difference between magnetic and true north; scale on base is adjustable to your location.
- 3 clinometers measure slope angles for determining snow slope stability and surveying; 2 of the clinometer scales offer 5° increments and 1 offers 1° increments.
- USGS map scale of 1:24,000, Universal Transverse Mercator (UTM) and mile scales offer position accuracy.
- Waterproof field reference cards includes navigational, topographical and survival information that store in the compass.
- The Brunton O.S.S. 70M compass includes a built-in magnifier, protective, flip-down cover and lanyard.
|Analog Or Digital||Analog|
|Dimensions||4.1 x 2.5 x 1 inches|
Model ACC12 is our raccoon specific nose cone that allows you to target and catch...
Made to U.S. Weather Bureau specifications. Collects rain in top, funnels it to removable inner...
Intended for shallow or deep waters, these bottles are called “horizontal” because they descend, parallel...