A free demo version of BatSound is available for download by the link below. This evaluation version has limited functionality and a trial period of 30 days.
Analysis of the bat calls may be required in some situations e.g. in order to positively identify a certain species. The software BatSound is an efficient, high-performance tool for various types of sound analysis. It is suitable for sound analysis in general, but also includes a number of features particularly useful to analyze bat calls recorded from a bat detector or recorded directly with a D500X or D1000X ultrasound detector.
- General Features
- BatSound uses any Windows compatible sound card for sound input and output
- BatSound supports sound formats up to 32 bits with one or two channels (mono/stereo) and sampling frequencies up to 192 kHz (possibly limited by the sound card). The common WAV format is used to store files. It is also possible to open sound files with other formats such as mp3 and wma if the corresponding codecs have been installed on the computer
- Multiple windows with different sound files can be opened at the same time, facilitating comparison of signals and analysis results.
- Printing and picture file export through Windows clipboard (BMP and WMF formats)
- Wide range zoom function
- Optional time and frequency compensation of time expanded signals to show the original time and frequency
- Play Speed function to implement time expansion playback of high-speed sound files from D500X/D1000X detectors
- Open Next/Previous command makes it easy to scan through all files in a folder. Very useful for browsing files obtained through unattended recording
- Automatic parameter extraction feature, calculates max/min frequency, pulse duration etc
- Optional grid lines in most diagrams
- Clipboard export of analysis results
- In the Virtual Bat Detector mode, sound files of time expanded or high speed recorded sounds are replayed at the original speed, emulating a heterodyne bat detector. Perfect for learning how to identify bats using a heterodyne detector, for classroom demonstrations etc
- The Automatic Recording mode makes it possible to have the computer record sounds automatically. The desired threshold level is selected and the computer will start recording to a sound file as soon as the signal exceeds this level. Many parameters are available to fine-tune this mode, e.g. by setting limits for the minimum pulse length, total recording time, maximum number of pulses to record etc. Frequency-selective triggering is also available, to avoid recording undesired signals
- Intel or AMD 1 GHz or faster processor
- RAM: 1 GB minimum (also depends on the operating system)
- Windows compatible sound card
- 1 GB or more of free hard disk space
- BatSound version 4.1: Windows XP/SP3, Windows Vista/SP1 or Windows 7 operating system
- BatSound version 4.2: Windows 7/SP2 or Windows 8 operating system
Windows, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8 are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation.
BatSound version 4.2 comes with version 4.1 included (for Windows XP and Vista users).
- - License
- - PC (w/ Windows)
Software de Análisis de Espectrogramas en Tiempo Real BatSound